The CMES panel on trendspotting in the Middle East is part of Lund University's Future Week (October 18-24). The event will take place on October 20 (15:00-16:30) at Skissernas Museum in Lund.
Read more about the event here
The panel, moderated by Karin Aggestam, CMES, Political Science, will feature five scholars with Middle East expertise:
- Making Sense of the IPCC’s Climate Report and Future Changes in the Middle East, Lina Eklund, CMES, Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science, Lund University
- Authoritarian Restoration and State Failure, Rola El-Husseini Dean, CMES, Political Science, Lund University
- Migration and Security in the Middle East, Mo Hamza, Division of Risk Management and Societal Safety, Lund University
- The resilience of unsustainable governance structures in the Middle East, Rouzbeh Parsi, Middle East and North Africa Programme, Swedish Institute for International Affairs
- What the War on Terrorism did to democratization in the Middle East, Anders Persson, Political Science, Linneus University
We care about the safety and health of all participants. Therefore the Lund University Future Week follows the Public Health Agency of Sweden’s and the government's decisions and corona recommendations. Events, premises and logistics during the week will take into account official corona recommendations. We encourage everyone who has the slightest symptom of a cold or other illness to stay home.