Symposium: Framing Turkish Memory - Image, Space, and Nationalist Affect in the Context of the Republican Centenary
Welcome to a symposium at CMES on Turkish nationalism! Please register to attend in-person or online.
Warmly welcome to a mini-symposium arranged within the MECW project Beyond Sacred/Secular Cities: Exploring Politics of Memory, Space, and Religion in Middle Eastern Nationalisms, with three timely talks on Turkish nationalism and Republican imaginaries:
- Biray Kollouglu, Bogaziçi University: “Urban Memory and Izmir: The Making of a Republican City”
- Elif Gezgin, Kadir Has University and Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University: ”A Discussion on the Neoliberal Re-Imagination of Turkish Nationalism and Contesting Historical Narratives”
- Canan Nese Kınıkoglu, Medeniyet University: ”Representations of Republican National Days in Advertisements and Their Reception”
- Chair and discussant: Torsten Janson, Lund University
- Please register for in-person attendance at CMES (Finngatan 16, Lund) by sending an email to info [at] cme [dot] lu [dot] se
- Please register here for Zoom attendance: https://lu-se.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5Erfu6gqTspHtMXkdrrQ5N1xCeGHubv…
Coffee, tea and baked goods will be served!
About the event
CMES seminar room (Finngatan 16) and on Zoom
All are welcome, but registration is required to attend.
linda [dot] eitrem_holmgren [at] svet [dot] lu [dot] se